Find out how ABMDR is responding to the pandemic, who we are working with and our current advice to the unrelated blood or marrow stem cell transplantation sector concerning the changed processes and protocols necessitated by COVID-19.
COVID-19 Australian BMT Group
The COVID-19 Australian BMT Group (CABG) is an incident-driven working group established by ABMDR’s Board, on behalf of the allogeneic haemopoietic stem cell (HSC) transplantation sector, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
CABG has a responsibility to:
- Provide a central point of escalation for the sector, and a central point of reference for external agencies;
- Formulate and coordinate key activities across the Australian HSC sector;
- Ensure a consistent and coordinated response to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Coordinate associated communications
CABG membership includes:
- President of BMTSANZ
- Senior adult and transplant paediatric physicians from major accredited transplant and collection centres
- A representative from Australian HLA tissue typing laboratories
- A representative from Australian Red Cross Lifeblood
- Representatives from State and Commonwealth governments
- Consumer representation (Leukaemia Foundation)
- ABMDR Chief Executive Officer, Medical Director and Operations Director
ABMDR COVID-19 Response Centre
The COVID-19 Response Centre (CRC) consists of ABMDR’s National Coordination Unit staff, together with supplemental resources, and will be leading ABMDR’s response to the COVID-19 crisis.
The CRC is an internal mechanism for ABMDR to ensure that information can be managed at a central point for rapid decision-making and implementation. The sector is encouraged to continue to engage with ABMDR through your usual contacts; any issues raised with ABMDR staff may be referred to the CRC for a response.
- Bone Marrow Transplant Society of Australia and New Zealand (BMTSANZ) Consensus COVID-19 Position Statement 27th March 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on the provision of donor hematopoietic stem cell products worldwide – EBMT
- Leukaemia Foundation Guidance
- WMDA COVID-19
- WMDA S(P)EAR Alert May 2020
- WMDA S(P)EAR Alert July 2020