ABMDR supports research, not limited to the haemopoietic progenitor cells (HPC) transplantation field, by providing access to data, samples and tissue material for ethically approved research projects including clinical trials.
Research material and data available for research include:
- Fresh blood samples from ABMDR volunteer donors
- Stored blood samples from ABMDR volunteer donors and matched patients
- Donor cell lines and DNA
- Data extracts from the ABMDR database
Access to ABMDR samples and data for research purposes is governed by the ABMDR Research and Release Governance Committee in collaboration with other organisations including:
- Australasian Bone Marrow Transplant Recipient Registry (ABMTRR)
- Australian Cord Blood Banks: Sydney, Melbourne, Queensland
- Australian Red Cross Lifeblood
Researchers are welcome to contact ABMDR Research for more information about material and data availability.